OUR PROGRAMS SEEK TO SUPPORT CANCER CHILDREN AND THEIR FAMILIES IN THE FULLEST SENSE
- Medical & Treatment Support - Children may not only need support with medications and diagnostics but also nutrition and hygiene assistance and counseling if survival rates are to be maximized
- Treatment Support Program - The CanKids Treatment Support Program (TSP) is an integral part of CanKids' objective to improve the quality of life for cancer children and their families in India.
- Emotional & Psychological Support - A child and a family can be traumatized by a cancer diagnosis and emotional and psychological support aims to ease the burden, provide hope and, vitally in India, to deter treatment abandonment
- Education & Reintegration - Seeking to ensure a child continues to learn during treatment enables easier reintegration into schooling and society once treatment is complete
- Communication Education Public Awareness & Advocacy (CEPAA) - CanKids promotes awareness at various levels - with doctors, patients, families, other decision makers and in society generally
- Quality Care, Research and Impact - CanKids has a range of studies and analyses underway which aim to improve understanding and treatment of childhood cancer in the Indian context
- Capacity Building & Volunteer Management - Capacity Building in CanKids is about building a cadre for paediatric Oncology Space